AmCham honored its members’ best corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs at a ceremony presided over by United States Ambassador Ted Osius on November 30. Twenty-two member firms received the CSR Recognition Award for understanding the linkages between business operations and society, and conducting business in a way that creates both long-term economic and social value. To qualify for AmCham’s CSR Recognition Award, a member company’s CSR program must receive high marks in four separate categories: (1) Attention to business objectives and societal needs; (2) Creation of long-term economic and social gains; (3) Communication and sharing of best practices; (4) Program sustainability. Click HERE to view the list of companies receiving the awards and click HERE to view images from the award ceremony / annual meeting.
About the Program:
AmCham’s Corporate Social Responsibility Recognition Award Program is designed to raise awareness of CSR among AmCham members and the community, and to provide recognition to firms with best practice CSR programs in Vietnam. The program is only open to AmCham members.
- Raises awareness of CSR among AmCham members and the community
- Provides recognition to firms with best practice CSR programs
- Gathers information on CSR best practices to share with all AmCham members
- Continues AmCham’s CSR leadership among business associations in Vietnam
This program identifies CSR best practices which demonstrate an understanding of the linkages between business operations and society, and conducting business in a way that creates both long-term economic and social value.
Member companies apply to completing an on-line application with automated scoring. The program is designed to provide recognition for all firms, from SMEs to MNCs, which achieve a baseline level of CSR performance.
Benefits for AmCham CSR Recognition Award Winners
- Recognition at the award ceremony held during AmCham’s Annual Meeting & Ambassador Dinner in December
- Recognition on the AmCham website
- Recognition in an AmCham press release
- Recognition in an e-Journal article
General Applicant Criteria
- Must be an AmCham member
- CSR activity must have been implemented for at least one-year
- Must be willing to share information with other AmCham members
- Must complete the online application
- Attention to both business objectives and societal needs
- Provision of benefit(s) to identified stakeholder(s)
- Creation of long-term economic and social gains
- Measurability of results including impact assessment, KPIs and ROIs
- Engagement of stakeholders
- Communication and sharing of best practices
- Incorporation of sustainability in the CSR program
Submission and Evaluation Process
Interested AmCham members must apply for the recognition award by completing a simple online application which will be on this webpage starting August 1.
Timeline for 2017
August 1 Online application active on the AmCham website
September 15 Application deadline
October 6 Notification of results
December 6 AmCham CSR Recognition Award Event